Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wednesday edition: Groovin' down I-80

On Wednesday, I spent all my time driving on I-80. There are many great things to see along I-80 like the birthplace of Ronald Reagan, the Herbert Hoover museum, Buffalo Bill's ranch, etc. I however, was the most excited to discover a Starbucks in Peru, Illinois and a Panera outside of Des Moines. As I was driving through the entire state of Nebraska (all 430 miles of it), I realized the reason I have not traveled to Nebraska before- there is nothing to see or do; hence, why I was excited to see the "Welcome to Wyoming" sign.

Epiphanies and other thoughts:
I have a new theory about state troopers: In New York state troopers like to hide behind trees and like to scare drivers by popping out and following them on the highway; in Illinois and Iowa, state troopers like to hide behind corn stalks and pop out to keep drivers alert, in Nebraska, Wyoming, and Utah there are no state troopers because no one cares how fast you're driving as long as you're not stupid enough to get hurt.

While driving to Columbus and Chicago, I did not have to clean my windshield once. Since driving through the Midwest, have massacre until populations of bugs and have had to not only clean my windshield every time I get gas, but also the front of my car. I now understand more fully why buying a white car may not have been the best decision.

2 comments:

  1. Jess, such is life on the road......enjoying the sights and being out on the open road....I look forward to the rest of the trip.....your next leg should be more interesting with the mountains of Oregon and Washington State enjoy and breathe in the frest air of West........
    love, DAd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're getting NE ready for my craziness!!! baah I can't believe I leave next week!!!
    This is a great blog, I can't wait for more entries... but did I miss part two? Is there a secret password you're keeping from me? :o)

    ReplyDelete