Tuesday, August 18, 2009

No room at the Inn

OK, so our plan to not have a plan failed tonight. Apparently, while we are on our existential expedition through the forest, college students were migrating to to the forest to move in and register for "higher" education. Luckily, before I truly panicked and listen to the suggestion of driving another 5 hours to San Francisco (after being on the road for 11 hours), a very nice lady found us a room in a tiny town of Scotia, CA. Our little room in Scotia is actually a beautiful antique room in an old converted mansion. The place is gorgeous, and for the first time this trip I am not scared that someone will break into my car. (Suck it Travelodge!)

Our trip through the Redwoods was unbelievable, and I can't believe we were there. I agree with Sarah that a hike through the woods would have been nice, but we did get to see the sun setting over the ocean and the trees- totally breath taking. I know this is definitely a place to come back to see again. I am looking forward to wine country tomorrow and onward to San Fran.

3 comments:

  1. Jess, call ahead was the key in the old days when we had no cell phones......but now its so easy......I can surf the net for you just call me and I can make a res for you guys......isn't the air so fresh there with the trees, makes one want to quit smoking...........Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better be taking pics of ALL OF THIS!!! Especially this cute hotel/ex mansion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is sarah showing some skin to get people to be nice to yall?

    ReplyDelete