Sunday, August 16, 2009

Forrest Gump and me

My apologies to my followers for not keeping you in the blogging loop. I arrived to Seattle safely on Friday and have enjoyed being in one place for more than 12 hours; however, I have neglected you, my followers. As I was driving on Thursday, I thought about how my road trip blog parallels Forrest Gump. Much like Forrest running across the country for no great purpose other than to run, I am driving across the country with no other purpose than I want to do it. I have seen many beautiful and almost indescribable things like Forrest (although, I have yet to say or do anything profound that will ultimately impact those around me); the image of Forrest running ahead with runners behind him reminds me of my responsibility to you as you follow me on this adventure. So, hopefully, I will remain committed and write daily, so that I may live like Forrest Gump :)

No comments:

Post a Comment