Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Napa on my mind

"For when the wine is in, the wit is out,"-Thomas Becan

My stomach is full and I drank way too much wine, but I have no regrets. I will sleep soundly tonight with thoughts of grapes on my mind. I am so excited that we decided to stay another night, so we can drink more tomorrow. Napa is fantastic place where everyone is friendly and happy to engage in conversation. I was a little nervous that Napa was going to be too pretentious for Sarah and me, but luckily, I was proven wrong (which never happens :) The local deli boy was very eager to help Sarah with her order, and all the sommeliers and fellow tasters were very informative and shared exclusive wines with us (aka we got free tastings for being cute!). The wine and the food is delicious!

Getting here was very nerve wracking. I drove through VERY winding and narrow roads, and almost lost it. Thankfully, Sarah was patient with me and we made it to the winery without crashing into a tree or another car or flying off a hillside. Life lesson: I do not do well with driving curvy roads. Though, I did learn my lesson about reserving hotels. Once Sarah and I decided to stay in Napa, I found a hotel (well the nearest Motel 6) and reserved it.

3 comments:

  1. Jess, if you are doing more tasting: try and find a good Tokay Wine, it was my fav when I was there in Ca...........and it was Dad's and mine favorite when we had our Produce Business...Enjoy.....LOve Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. San Diego.....Saint Diego....or ummm a whale's....

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you get a chance rent the movie Bottle Shock! You will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete