Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tuesday Adventures

"Welcome to Wyoming" is my favorite sign of the trip, but much has happened before coming to Wyoming, so let's start at the beginning... (this is part one)

Tuesday Morning/Lunch:
Tuesday was a fantastic morning hanging with my cousin, Laura, and her daughter, Raegan. After Raegan showed me all her toys and played with my hair, we got ready for the day. Laura insisted on going to Starbucks first thing in the AM, so I obliged and went with her (you know how those caffeine addicts are :) Matt insisted that he needed to buy an Ohio State t-shirt (did you know their mascot is a NUT??), so we stopped by a store for him to get one. I needed to go to Best Buy to get a camera (which I did!), so after all the errands, Laura took us site seeing around Columbus. For anyone who is planning on visiting Laura, Columbus is fantastic with lots of things to do, but for anyone not planning on visiting Columbus- it is pretty much like any other suburban town with lots of strip malls and cookie cutter houses; however, Columbus does have a field of cement corn that is quite interesting. Laura took us to a hidden away field (in an office park) to see the wonder of the cement corn. Picture this: rows and rows of falic-looking corn sitting outside an office park. After seeing such site, one wonders many things, but my first thoughts was "what idiot guy thought it would be a wise decision to build a field of cement corn and how much did this cost?" After the corn, we went to see Ohio State and had some Ohio pizza. Again, if anyone is planning on visiting Ohio, you should know that pizza in Ohio is shaped in a circle, but cut into squares. Weird place... this Columbus, but I am sure I will be back. We said our good-byes and began the journey to Chicago. Not much to report about the drive, except that Phil Collins is played on every radio station at every hour. I heard more Phil Collins on Tuesday than I care to hear ever.

Chicago:
Matt and I parted ways in Chicago. I was sad to part with Matt, but it was true test of our friendship that we survived 48 hours of driving together, and I was sad to see him go. Josh and Stephanie welcomed me with open arms and took me to an amazing Mexican restaurant (yay goat cheese tamales!!) downtown. I am really looking forward to seeing more of Josh and Stephanie when they move to Boston, but I am sad that I don't have a place to stay when I visit Chicago. They are the sweetest friends and I am really appreciate of their hospitality. On that note, I am really grateful to have wonderful friends and family that keep me company on this crazy trip. Which brings me to part two...

3 comments:

  1. where is part 11..............I am enjoying your blogg its interesting to see you experience this trrippppp...........Love /Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, when do you arrive in Mexico?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the corn! Falic-shaped.....can't beat it.

    ReplyDelete