Thursday, August 27, 2009

She went all night long..

As much fun as San Diego was, we went onward to Phoenix to drop off Hol for the beginning of his adventure. (We were a mini-adventure for him) Not too much to report about the drive to Arizona, though lots of impromptu border patrol along I-8. Once Hol was out of the car, the real craziness ensued. Sarah and I had slept in and were prepared to make it to Las Cruces, New Mexico by midnight, so we could sleep/rest and wake up for the long trek to San Antonio. As we were driving, Sarah and I were talking about the trip home and I proposed continuing to drive to El Paso and beyond. After discussing it, we decided it was the best idea, so we (I mostly mean Sarah because she did the driving and I kept her company most of the night) drove all the way to San Antonio. We arrived at my father's doorstep around 10:45 AM just to show him that his daughters can do anything in order to prove him wrong :) We were very punch drunk from the drive, but were able to unload the car and shower before completely crashing. It was a night of good talks, breath-taking stars, and two stubborn Gonzalez sisters driving in the dark desert. I did get to see a desert sunrise, so it was well worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Jess and Sarah, you two are amazing, I was so surprized when you two arrived..........Good Job, I am very proud of both of you ....Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you driving back to boston or flying? I'm leaving for b-town Monday. Should be there by Tuesday afternoon I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I'm pretty good at going all night long

    ReplyDelete